- Tell us a few things about yourself, so we can get to know you better: your full name, your age and date of birth, your zodiac sign, the place you grew up at, where do you live now and what do you do for a living.
I am Elena Laskaroglou, I am 32 years old and I am an Aquarius. I grew up in Evosmos, Thessaloniki, and for the past few years I have been living in downtown Thessaloniki. I work in the imaging industry and, more specifically, we have a photo printing company, called Prolab Digital Photo Printing.
- Which is the place you love going to the most, and how often do you go there (and a couple of reasons why) ?
I don’t really have a specific place, because I love travelling and seeing diverse images. However, I do distinguish, and visit, Athens from time to time, and I always find something new to inspire me.
- Describe yourself in three words (or less)
Idealist, optimistic, procrastinator.
- What is your favourite colour, your favourite taste and your favourite hobby?
Black, all things salty, Pilates cadillac.
- What makes you get out of bed each day?
Starting off with a cup of coffee, and any demanding project that comes from time to time.
- Through your love of travelling, what is the image you remember the most?
I went on a train trip to the French Riviera a couple of years back. There were more images and landscapes than I could possibly photograph.
- You live and work in Thessaloniki. Tell us a couple of things about your city, and how do you experience it?
Thessaloniki is a beautiful city, with great aesthetics. I love the fact that it is small enough to be able to be traversed from one end to the other in about 15 minutes by car. Because the other means of transportation are close to non-existent, which is a huge problem for everyone and nobody reacts to it.
- What do you like/dislike?
I like that fact that even in downtown Thessaloniki you can find that “neighbourhood” feeling (with the classic meaning of the word “neighbourhood”), if you live or work there.
I dislike the people’s absence from most cultural events or efforts that don’t provide food and/or drink.
- What makes Thessaloniki unique?
Thessaloniki is unique for the trends that are created. It’s very easy for people, places, products, services, business ideas etc to become well-known rather quickly. Even so, that is not always a good thing.
- Which place, or scenery, do you love the most there?
The Ancient Roman Market.
- Which activities would you propose to a friend that had 48 hours to spend in Thessaloniki?
I would propose to start their day with a coffee at the Ancient Market, and then go for a walk till the Museum of Modern Art, which is extremely interesting. As for food, there are tons of options (we love food in the North). Some of my personal favorites are: Sebriko, Nea Folia, Kosmas and To Steki tou Mitsou. When it comes to drinks, one should definitely start at the hyped Alexandrou Svolou Street for some early drinks in bars or pubs (no more tsoureki please, hehe).
- Tell us about a unique local recipe or a product, and what makes it so special?
The spice at Kapani, the oldest outdoor market in the city, which is filled with products, scents and folk history. In addition, the “loukoumia” by Papadopoulos at the Ionos Dragoumi Street are the sweetest and tiniest delights in the city.
- Which habit of the local people amazes you the most?
The ability to change their moods in a glance, and also the fact that they will never refuse a chance to have fun. The never-ending creativity of the locals, but also the need to communicate.
- What is your favourite thing to do when you want to escape reality?
A getaway to a nearby location, even for just 24 hours, is always a solid option. One of my favorite is Taxiárchis, a village located near Mount Holomontas in Polygyros, Chalkidiki.
- Which is the most beautiful trip you’ve ever taken and which is the best image you have?
My road trip to Germany and the Netherlands. The image I remember the most is the Rhine Valley, or otherwise known as the River of Destiny, and the castles that surround it. It was an unbelievable experience and I will remember it for ever.
- Where would you like to be now?
In a secluded beach, barefoot in my swimsuit, with all my favorite people and have Sade singing unplugged for us.
- Which is your next preferred destination?
- Words to live by?
Creativity, motivation, goals, aesthetics, positive thought.
- What kind of music do you listen to these days? Mention your top-ten tracks and how would you name them if they were feelings.
I like lots of kinds of music, funk, soul, indie, house, but I love, and distinguish, disco music.
I Rise (euphoria) | Who Loves the Sun (memories) | And I miss You (love) | Running (nostalgia) | Days Are Forgotten (relief) | After Rain Comes Sun (hope) | What’s A Girl To Do (joy) | Personal (doubt) | Photographic (ecstasy) | This Mess We’re In (serenity)