1. Tell us a few things about your so we can get to know you better: your name and surname, your age, your starsign (date of birth), the place you were born, where you live now and what you do professionally.
My name is Achilleas Plakidas and i’m from Thessaloniki! I’m 29 years old and an Aquarius! I was born in the centre of Thessaloniki where I live and work till today! I am a freelance professional and specifically i work in the area of food/drinks service establishments. I am the owner and head bartender of Gorilla Bar, owner of the Mahalo restaurant and the new project called Three Pieces.
2. What is the place you love the most and enjoy visiting often?
I love London! For me and for alot of others, it’s the Mecca of Bars and restaurants! I make sure i visit London often so that i can be informed and I can continue to follow the trends!
3. Describe yourself with 3 or less words.
Optimist, risk taker, impatient.
4. What makes you get out of bed each day?
The first thing that makes me get up is Floros (my dog) since he can’t wait for his morning walk. Then comes all the rest. Appointments that have to do with the bars or the restaurants. In general i feel very lucky cause these reasons really make me feel content! It’s important to love your job.
5. What’s your favorite habit?
I couldn’t let got of grumble. Whenever i can i really give it my all. You see Floros is being grumpy!
6. You were born and raised in Thessaloniki, what’s your favorite image of the city?
The castles! From there you can see all of Thessaloniki! The sight is magical
7. Some unusual habit of the citizens there?
I live in a city with a slow pace. People here dedicate more time in hanging out and fooling around instead of work and progress. That’s the reason why you see most cafes filled with customers in most hours of the day.
8. Some recipe or local product?
Thessaloniki and the nearby towns are famous for their wine producers! With the crisis, small producers are making their first steps in the market. The difference from older times is that they focus on the product! They are confident about it.
9. What are the places you love to enjoy your coffee and drink?
I don’t like drinking coffee outside my home, only if it means i will be seeing an old friend i haven’t seen in a while! As far as drinks, unfortunately the time i spend at the bar or the labaratory don’t allow me to have a drink elsewhere, although i would like to.
10. Favorite places for food?
I really like the open steak sandwich at our Mahalo! I could die for Local’s lazagne! I feel so proud about Three Pieces’ street food! Lastly, I would hit myself if i didn’t bring up the fish dishes in all forms at Mourga.
11. Based on the love you share in your work, what’s the moment that’s been carved in your mind?
! Easy! I’ll never forget my win at WorldClass! I had worked so hard for that!
12. Favorite taste and colour?
Butter and yellow!
13. Favorite habit in Thessaloniki?
Riding my bike downtown.
14. Where would you like to be right now?
15. What would you suggest to a friend visiting Thessaloniki for the first time and only has 48 hours to enjoy it?
Hmmm! Coffee in the ancient market – Tour at the Macedonian museum – Roam the our coast as that’s the only way you’ll feel the city’s pulse – The castles – The modiano Gallery and the Kapani.
16. A trip you would like to do, the destination you would visit next?
It’s the place i would like to be right now, New York.
17. The words you live by in life?
Courage, work, perserverance and plan
18. What music do you listen to these days? Send us your 10 favorite tracks and what word you put next to them to describe them as a feeling
-Still I Collapse, Eminem (tenacity)
-Low, Lenny Kravitz (wish)
-I want to Break free(freedom)
-City of Stars(love)
-Bohemian Rapsody (bad ass/vagrancy)
-Clint Eastwood (optimism)
-Coconut skins (unconcern)
-Use somebody (sexy)