1. Tell us a few things about you to get to know you better: your name, age (date of birth), sign, the place you grew up, what you live now and what you are doing professionally.
My name is Alessandro Kikinas, I am 26 years old and I live in the place where I grew up, Patras! In the last 3 years, along with my studies at AKTO, I work as a full-time photographer.
2. What is the place you love most to visit and when you go and why?
Torino for me is my second home, whenever I find the opportunity to go for a weekend. Apart from finding my family I use it as a base for photography and destinations.
3. Describe yourself with 3 (or fewer) words
Friends - Travels - Friends
4. What makes you get out of bed every day?
Every day is a challenge for me. My job gives me the opportunity to constantly know new people and to channel my creativity in different ways.
5. Through your love for photography, what is your most impressed image?
When I was in America, the girl who was in the center of a field and danced in the snow made a special impression on me. New York is the place that everyone can freely express and this sense of freedom has remained indelible.
6. Have you recently visited Ghana, as part of a volunteer trip, how did this experience look like?
That I lived there definitely influenced me deeply. I long to live such an experience and I am glad to have done so. I managed to get to know many people who hosted me in their homes even though they did not know me. Through their hospitality I was able to really know them by following their everyday life. Then I realized that only when you get to know a different culture in depth you can understand that what unites us is far more than what separates us.
7. What made you great impression and why it stands out?
I was impressed by the completely different lifestyles of people away from the western pattern of life. Beyond the clichés of poverty, what I have experienced is that people, even with a few, remain happy, many times more than us.
8. Was there any landscape or picture that made you particularly impressed?
On the first day in the village I made a shot with the children of the village running behind me. It's a classic video we see that I never thought I would live in reality.
9. Local recipe or product and what makes it so special?
I tried some of their traditional mountain recipes. Most of them are spicy. I remember one with sardines, mashed potatoes and hot sauce. Good ... for the experience!
10. What's the favorite habits of the people there that impressed you?
In the evenings it's night and night, and the camp is the only place that has a stream gathering children and watching movies in the projector with the volunteers!
Music: African Skies - Stephen J. Anderson
Filmed | Edited by Alessandro Kikinas
12. Where would you like to be now?
In a little while time is changing. Of course the best place to be the New Year is my city! Of course it would be a perfect experience and change time at Camp at Abenta.
13. What is the next destination you would like to go to?
Iceland .. very soon!
14. The Words You Do In Life:
A suggestion has been drawn to my mind which I have read that expresses me very much about my profession.
"Learn the rules as a professional so you can violate them as an artist."
15. What kind of music do you listen to at this time?
Send us your 10 favorite songs and what title would you put if it was feeling. I always listened less than always depending on the period. Of course this is the Sinatra period!
Text: λ3 team
Photos: Alessandro Kikinas
If you also want to join a Volunteer program at Podvolunteer.org, visit their site and have a similar experience with Alexandros.
* It is forbidden to republish, use the photographic material and anything else without the consent of the creator.