1. Tell us a few things about you to get to know you better: your name, age (date of birth), sign, the place you grew up, what you live now and what you are doing professionally.
I was born on the 13th day of the most beloved month of the year, the month that everyone is expecting, the month that has filled memories and unforgettable experiences with most people (perhaps with December) in August 1986. I belong to the constellation of Leo with the imbalance that is attributed to it by the Libra ascendant.
I grew up in Koukaki and around it, with Dionysiou Areopagitou being a road still, with the summers finding me in Folegandros, my home. I still live here.
I have been working with the bar for the last ten years, having worked as a bartender at Bar Guru Bar, Baba au rum, 42 and Holy Garden. In the current period I work with sugars, stabilizers and emulsifiers, in short, in the confectionery and ice cream in particular, in Kokkion, in the center of Athens, along with Vasilis Papamatthaiou of Paraxenes yles.
2. What is the place you love most to visit and why?
The sea. The all-powerful supernatural sea that embraces the body and heals the soul. Folegandros, Anafi, Antikythera.
The Sea of Anafi in recent years, the feeling that leaves her smell when you are in her arms is like the first kiss with your dream girl, when every appointment with her is like the first one and of course not you want to finish and you expect for the next one.
For the sense of fullness that I feel from the very first moment that the ship will tie to the harbor, to Exo Roukouna, to the afternoon air whispering to my ear on the beach of Agios Georgios, on the north side of the island, for the almost angelic voice the most hospitable man of Anafi, Efi, the owner of the Margarita restaurant in Kleisidi, the Monolithos that gave his name and the one missing from the island of Yannis Melikoglou's bar in Chora.
3. Describe yourself with 3 (or fewer) words.
Happy, Anxious, Man.
4. What makes you get out of bed every day?
Canaries from the neighboring balconies. The light. The day itself.
5. Through your love for your work - bar and everyday life, what is the image-moment that has been more impressed in your mind?
Every moment that someone approaches the bar I care, with whom I can never ever meet again, each one different personality, each with a different emotion, with the challenge of being alone in itself, of having to manage, listen and impress this feeling in a glass.
6. A destination you recently visited; What impressions of your visit there and why did you choose it?
Twice recently I visited Tinos. The second time in the framework of TinosfoodPaths and at the invitation of Difford's Guide Greece, where through the gastronomic culture of the island I was confronted with its natural beauty.
Nearly exotic hinterland, inexhaustible natural wealth and Humans to remind you that everything is simplicity.
7. What made you feel special and why it stands out?
It consists of people who love the Cute, working feverishly but without stress to get to it.
The beauty is found everywhere, reading poetry written on their doors, in their food, sculptured in the famous Tinian marble even in the way they approach and embrace their guests.
8. Was there any landscape or picture that made you particularly impressed?
The gray, almost odd landscape in Volakas and the plane trees that embrace you almost as if they want to protect you from something you at that moment you ignore to exist in Kardiani.
9. Which place to eat, local recipe or product that impressed you?
Every village in Tinos I visited was also a new canvas of flavors. Soup with pussies.
10. What's the favorite habits of the people there that impressed you?
How much they love the Fine Arts and the permanently engraved smile on their faces, either when they refer to their place, when they meet you for the first time or when they cook you.
11. We are only for 48 hours in Tinos, what should we definitely see or do?
Roadtrip passing out of her villages, with small stops where you anticipate. In the village of Pyrgos for galaktoboureko the afternoon, in Panormos the dusk for a quick last dip. You will go again.
12. Your favorite habit in Athens?
Walk or ride endlessly on the summer leave Athens, watch people, stop at Dimofontos for a black beer in the afternoon, listening to the jazz.
13. What is the next destination you would like to go to and why?
I have never been to Crete.
14. The Words You Do In Life:
Life is so little, small, unpredictable not to do every day or as often as you can something that scares you out of the seat belt you have chosen to be. I will encourage you to listen to Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) by Baz Luhrmann, as a friend puts me in and I heard it and I still mention it.
15. A cocktail that you would suggest and two words about it;
Nostalgia. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter in an intoxicating sip.
20 ml of plum wine,
30 ml Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
2 dashes bitters bitter-truth Peach
Edible Flower Sosa
16. What kind of music do you listen to at this time? Send us your 10 favorite songs and what title you would put on a list.
At this time I hear Bowie, Daftpunk and Anderson Paak.